Friday, June 13, 2008

Wild Mustang Story

Any of you that really know me know that I have a real special thing for Wild Mustangs. Those of you that do not know me, well now you know that I have a very special thing for Wild Mustangs!!

I adopted a wild mustang about 8 years ago. "Cowboy" has been a very special part of my life. I did not have him for almost 2 years after a divorce, but I found him through a for sale ad and bought him back!! Talk about a cool story, still gives me goose bumps!!




I found a draft of a post about wild mustangs that I never did publish to this blog . . .but now I have even more to share with you, so it turned out to be a good thing.

I recently photographed some wild mustangs at a BLM (Bureau of Land Management) Adoption that was held at Ride the West. This is the 2nd one I've been able to get photos of and they are some of my all time favorite images. Here are a few of my favorites.


OK, now for the rest of the reason I wanted to write about mustangs. Below is a link to some very incredible images of an abandoned wild mustang foal and a wild mustang stallion who found and protected him. This photographer has many other beautiful images of wild mustangs so I encourage you to look at her website. BUT, first please read her story and view the images of the foal and the stallion. I'm not sure why, but when I looked at the images, I just started crying . . . I think it is just an amazing story!!

http://www.nickolesphotography.com/Images/Stallion-Foal/index.htm

Wendy

No comments: