Tuesday, June 3, 2008

LIFE POEM

I want to share this poem and image with you. I don't think you will be able to read the words so I will write them below. I wrote the poem in 2002 and it has been used and helpful on several occasions, with the latest being my diagnosis of breast cancer. The image of the horse is one of my horses and her name is Spooky. I took this photo of her in March of this year.

I gave a framed copy of this to the ladies at the imaging center after they had been so very nice and helpful while I was getting my ultrasound and biopsy done. They really liked it and it is now hanging in their waiting room area for all to see!!

Life
Life and the many paths
it leads you down,
with it's never ending twists and turns,
can be to say the least,
difficult at times.
Do not spend too much time
trying to figure it all out,
or it will certainly be
the cause of your madness.
Instead, take it as it comes,
one day at a time or if needed,
one minute at a time.

Give life and all that it brings you,
the best of your best,

while continuing to
have Faith and Hope.

Continue to dream, if you do not,
you will be lost, wondering aimlessly.
Pursue your dreams and believe.
Believe and know,
there will be peace in your life.
Wendy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wendy...it's beautiful. Just beautiful. And most certainly words to live by :)

Thinking of you,
Colleen

Wendy said...

Hi Colleen,
Thank you and and thank you for posting a comment. I'm glad you like it.
Wendy