Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Feeling Better Today - Tuesday

Boy, oh boy, oh boy . . . . thank goodness I am feeling 1/2 human again this morning. I don't know if it's timing, the new meds or a combo, but I can touch my skin and my body doesn't hurt much this morning.
Woke up early, just before 5am and got to see Rick before he left for work. That doesn't happen often, so it's nice when it does. Who knows, maybe I'll become an early bird through this process, but then again maybe NOT!!
I still have not gone "potty" yet, if you get my drift. Yes Marriah, I'm doing, eating, taking everything they are suggesting, thank you sweetie!!
It's kind of sad and funny, or not, that it becomes a big deal whether or not I have a bowel movement . . . I'm sure it's a part of getting older too, but the chemo and the pain pills just make it worse. I'm also trying to be careful not to over do it on the fruit, laxatives, etc., because I don't want to end up with a major eruption and spend days on the throne!! he-he . . . yep, trying to keep the humor!!

I'm going to go back to bed in a little bit and get some more sleep. A little later I want to take Chelsea to town so she can take her written drivers test and hopefully get her license. She took the actual driving test on Saturday and passed with flying colors. Part of me is so glad that she'll have her license, especially now that I have cancer and will need her help more than before, BUT another part of me is scared to death about her being out on the roads. She is a good driver and like I try to tell her . . . it's not her I'm worried about doing something wrong, it's all the other crazy people out there who don't pay attention and don't know what they are doing half the time. The timing of her getting her license and me having cancer treatment couldn't be more perfect, but then again, God does amazing things now doesn't He!!!!

My tongue is really sore this morning. Yesterday food didn't taste like food. It didn't taste like anything really. Chelsea made me some cinnamon toast and it smelled and looked so good but I was bummed when I ate it 'cuz, I couldn't really taste it . . only if a piece of cinnamon hit the edge of my tongue. Dinner was the same way, we had bacon and it looked and smelled so good, but not taste!! And the worst thing of all and those who know me know this is HUGE . . . my coffee, what I can taste of it, does not taste very good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again, I try to find the positive in this . . . I drink way too much coffee, so with not feeling good and it not tasting really good, I have and probably will continue to cut way down on the amount I drink.

I'm starting to rattle on so just one more thing. I was taking a shower last night and washing my hair. Which by the way I got cut really short last week and will post another photo soon, before it's gone. But anyway, I was washing my hair and had a moment of panic when I realized that one of these days I'll be washing it and a lot more than just shampoo is going to rinse out of it.

It's 6:05am and I'm going to go back to bed for a bit. It's going to be a gorgeous day today and I'd like to be able to enjoy it a little. Oh, maybe I can see if Rick can find and hang up the hammock for me. That sounds so nice!!!

I hope you all have a great day.
Keep Smilin'

Wendy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wendy,
So glad to hear you're feeling better. I hope it keeps up and you feel even better tomorrow. And nature will take it's course, don't worry.
As for Chelsy driving, I sometimes get the same way with the twins. They are driving now and doing pretty good, so I'm told,but it is hard not being close by. I worry about all those other drivers too, it's just part of being a mom. Chelsey having a driver's license will be such a help to you the next few months though. I'm glad you have her there for you.
Hang in there and just accept the blessings God gives you. Try not to worry to much. Hang in there.
Luv ya!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Hey Wendy....welllllll you're on your way to good health....major bumps in your way, but you'll get there!!! Evelyn VanDyke came to the house a few days ago and we ordered some photos for her with the big boys and Mike & Allen from RTW....she was thrilled. And Sarah & Justin ( her son) ordered the close up face shot of Jess for Allen too, so they love your work and are thrilled to have the photos. She's saving the one of Mike & Jess for him for Christmas....They hung the "Doc" photo in their living room and it looks magnificent!!! Thank you for all your help on that project, they couldn't have been more pleased or touched.....Rick and I think of you everyday....we are sending hugs and wrapping you in rainbows....Evelyn said they have you in their prayer chain too.....be strong Wendy, you will be ok. Love you, Susan Rae

Anonymous said...

Wendy,

So glad you're feeling better! I read your blog every day to check on you. I agree with you on the crying - it's not good to keep it bottled up. Let it out! You are being incredibly strong and positive and I know your journal will help someone, if not many people.

As for Chelsy driving - I will never forget the day that I sat on the passenger side of the car when my first son started to drive - OMG! It was soooo strange (and a bit scary I must admit). It's so great that you have your kids/mom/family/friends for support and help. You are blessed in so many ways.

Hang in there!

Hugs
Kimberly