Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday-3 days later

I can remember when I was in labor with my 4th baby . . . Chelsea Ann. I was probably within an hour of having her when I said to everyone "I really don't want to be doing this". . . . or something to that effect. I just remember that I felt and said it so seriously, like it would make it all stop. Yeah, right!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I woke up this morning and was thinking . . . . I really don't want to be doing this . . . . .

I feel like I've been in a train wreck. Every part of my body from my knees up hurts. It gets worse as you go up, meaning I can barley touch my face. This actually started yesterday, but has gotten worse.
I called the doctor just to make sure I wasn't going to die and to hopefully find out this is normal. He said it's ok and that I need to take tylenol, etc. for the pain. Well yesterday & last night the tylenol, ibuprophen and other pain pills I have from my surgery didn't help much. I'll see how they work this morning.

I'm also getting a little worried about possible constipation. I've been trying to eat and drink everything that I need to help in this department, but I'm going to have my hubby pick me up something at the store, just in case. I also have a recipe from the cancer center to make up a bulk laxative concoction, that I may have to consider if this continues to be a problem.

I don't want to scare anyone who may face this now or in the future, by writing about my symptoms. Please remember that one thing they really stress is that everyone is very different and can react a million different ways to chemo. The pain I'm feeling today is not pleasant, but it's very tolerable. And honestly if I had to choose side effects I'd take this over vomiting and/or diarrhea any day!!

Well, I think I'll try to get comfy and rest for a little while, hopefully the pain meds will kick in or maybe I'll fall asleep, or maybe both!!

Keep Smilin'
Hugs,
Wendy

1 comment:

Marriah Patterson said...

Oh, You are so strong! We are rooting for you!! And I cannot stress this enough- constipation is not a good thing....do not wait too long to try out ALL the stuff they recommended, seriously:)
love you!