Friday, June 20, 2008

June 20th, the day after

Hello there,
Well, I'm doing pretty good today. A little tired, but that's probably more from the stress & anxiety of everything. I've been keeping up on my anti-nausea drugs, and so far nothing in that department. I'm being positive, but not holding my breathe, as they say it doesn't usually hit for a couple of days, but every one is different.

I had to go get the white blood cell shot today. It was not bad at all, not even as bad a getting blood drawn. They did give it to me right in the belly, just to the right of my belly button, where I have a little extra substance (fat) to poke!! They say the body absorbs it better by giving it in the stomach. She said I could get sore joints from this shot, but to take Tylenol or one of my pain pills if needed.

Last night my fingers and toes swelled up a little bit, but not much. Today my tongue has felt a little numb, just a little.
Tonight my back is hurting a bit. I think I'll get comfy and watch some TV.

I will probably do as much of a day by day journaling of my experience as possible. . . ups, downs, aches, pains, bad and good things, as I go through this. Several reasons that I want to do this and why I started the blog in the first place. One to help others who may go through this themselves or maybe they have a close friend or family member that ends up in my situation. I know it may bet boring and not everyone will want to read it, but I am most positive that it will help someone someday . . . even if it's just one person, it's more than worth it. Plus it's a way of me being able to document my experience.
If any of you have someone, now or in the future, that has to go through this, please don't hesitate to send them to my blog or to even write directly to me, if they want to.

I have only been to the cancer center a couple of times, but it is becoming apparent to me that some people form strong bonds and friendships there. I suppose after you go there a few time for treatment and to see the doctor, you get to know some of these folks and you can sure understand what they are going through because you are going through it too. It's hard too, because I know a lot of these people have it much worse than me and that makes me sad.
I just want to say that the nurses and staff and everyone are just amazing, wonderful people!!

OK, one other thing for the record . . . I've been very emotional today. Not bawling or anything like that, just the slightest things have easily made me cry. Ok, got to go get some tissue now and see what's on the tube.

I hope those of you that live near me have been able to enjoy some of this awesome weather we have been having!!

I have really enjoyed the comments you have been leaving and the e-mails I receive also. Thank you so much, it means a lot to me!!

Keep Smilin'
Hugs,
Wendy

2 comments:

Marriah Patterson said...

try to avoid all tear-jerker movies ie. Beaches, the Land Before Time, and that one movie with Brad Pitt and Aidan Quinn- where Brad Pitt has long hair- that one's sad too:)
Just trying to keep you smilin':=)
(you don't have to post this:)
love you so much!!

Wendy said...

Hi Riah,
Great advice, thank you, but a little too late !! I have watched more T.V. today than I usually do in a week and either they have all been tear jerker's, or I'm just overly sensitive today.

Also and one reason I did post this, because I'm sure someone can relate to this if they read it. . . . sometimes a tear jerker is needed to get the pent-up emotions going. It's not good to keep them bottled up too long . . . . a good cry is not always easy, but usually good for us.

Love you so much, thank you so much for writing . . .give you honey a BIG hug for me.
Love,
Aunt Wendy