Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Momma's Bed

Mom, thank you for the comment you left on my previous post. I love you dearly!! It did remind me of something and I thought I'd write a little about it. And I won't be surprised if many others are able to relate!!

I have to drive to town 25 minutes each way, to take the kids to school in the mornings. My daughter starts school at 8am and my step-son starts school a little later. Luckily my mom lives close to the school he goes to, so each morning we go visit her and have coffee with her before I take him to school. After my 1st surgery my husband was home and able to take care of everything and he did a GREAT job, thank you honey!! This time he is working, so I have to take the kids to school and pick them up, etc. Luckily this 2nd surgery wasn't as bad as the first and I am able to do this AND this is the last week of school!!!

Well, come Monday morning I was very tired, I hadn't slept very well the night before and getting me out the door was tough. My daughter has her driving permit so she has been actually doing the driving which is great. We got her to school and then went to mom's for coffee. After I took my step-son . . . I don't really like the "step" part of that so I will refer to him as just my son from now on. Anyway, after I took him to school I went back to mom's so I could take a nap before heading back home. I was so tired I really didn't know if I could or should make the drive.

I climbed into her bed and I remember thinking and almost said to her. . ."why is a mom's bed always so comfortable"? It really was so soft and comfortable and Scout the little dog snuggled up with me and before I knew it I was out like a light!!

I remember my kids always telling me that my bed was much more comfortable than theirs. They loved laying in my bed and it seemed to give them a great deal of comfort.

It's funny that here I am, just turned 47 years old and I still think my mom's bed is the most comfy and it still brings me a great deal of comfort.

Thanks mom for letting me nap in the most comfy bed in the world "momma's bed".

I love you,

Wen

No comments: