Saturday, June 28, 2008

Friday & Saturday

Hi All,
Some very dear friends from Colorado came to town on Thursday!! Got to visit with them for a few hours and then on Friday morning I met them for breakfast. They were going to check out the downtown area & boardwalk and then start their way back home to Colorado.

Wes & Carolyn . . . it was totally wonderful to see you guys. I'm so glad you were finally able to make it up to my neck of the woods!!!! Now the Coeur d'Alene you've always heard about is no longer a mystery.

I felt pretty good on Friday. After breakfast I messed around and then took a little rest. After dinner I went outside and worked on a pile of old hay & twine from the winter. I started raking it up and got some of it burned. I'm trying to get the little pasture out front cleaned up and looking nice . . . . it may take me a while, ha, a long while!! Anyway, it felt good to accomplish something although it wasn't much . . . . but I was pretty tired afterward. Today coffee & food tasted better than it has since I had treatment!!

Today (Saturday) . . . I'm feeling, well, not as good as yesterday. I woke up early 7am and went outside and had coffee and totally enjoyed the morning. Then my stomach started acting up on me. I had to take some Imodium AD (for diarrhea) oh joy, now I'm at the other end of that spectrum!! My skin is starting to hurt me again. It's not too bad right now, but I wonder if it will get bad again like it was last week. I had a little nap this afternoon and Rick and I might go get something to eat . . . . I hope my stomach holds out!!

Rick got my hay elevator working this morning . . . yippee!! We are going to have to start getting hay soon. I never look forward to hay season, but this year is worse since I'm going through this crap. Hopefully I'll be able to find a couple of young, strong bodies to help with it all. Between my chemo and his bad back, well, we are kind of a mess. And to top it off, the poor guy, his knee is hurting him real bad and now it's swollen with fluid. He will be able to see the doctor on Monday.

Well, that's all for now. Hope you are all doing well.
Keep Smilin'
Hugs,
Wendy

No comments: