Wednesday, July 16, 2008

You would think . . . . but noooooo . . . . . .

Wouldn't it just make sense that a person would/should feel progressively better each day after having chemo? Well, I guess it just doesn't work that way. Plus I think I'm just a little impatient, just a little!! Today is only one week since I had treatment, but sometimes it feels like forever.

I feel better than I did last weekend, but I still feel "not so good" and when I don't wake up feeling better than I did the day before . . . . I wonder why.

I think what I might be feeling today is fatigue. I've read where fatigue is different from just being tired or sleepy. I don't like it though. One minute I will feel ok and the next minute I can't find a chair quick enough to sit down in. I was going to go to the neighbors house tonight to talk to them with Rick about putting up a barn. Just before leaving my stomach started not feeling good, so I stayed home, afraid to venture to far from the bathroom, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, yes I'm complaining, sorry. Just feeling a little low today. I suppose that is to be expected and I'm real glad it doesn't happen too often.

I've been thinking a lot about my photography and what I'm going to do with it. I think I'm going to do things different when I start up the business again. I also think I'm supposed to use my journey with cancer in some way with my photography and part of the proceeds will be donated to a cancer organization. I'm not sure what or how yet, it hasn't quite come to me, but I can totally feel it's out there just waiting for the right time to reveal itself.

Hmmmm, ok, I will leave you with my favorite quote regarding photography . . . .

"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen" . . by Minor White

Keep Smilin'
Hugs,
Wendy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rest rest rest! I know it's hard but it's something you must do. I LOVE you!

pnickoles said...

Hi Wendy,

I was just thinking about you and wondering how you're doing. I hope you start to feel better each day!
Best, Pam Nickoles

Anonymous said...

You're doing just what you are supposed to. Keep up the pace when you can, but make sure you get rest when you need it. We'll have you back in no time! We all miss you.

Love, Kim