Monday, July 7, 2008

A Good Day & Pictures!!

Hi Everyone,

Well this morning I showed Richard my hair, or lack of it and tonight I finally took my scarf off and let Rick see me.

This weekend I buzzed Richards hair, a normal little boy buzz. He later said he wants it all buzzed off. Well today as soon as I took off my scarf for him to see, he said "I want my hair just like yours mom"!!

So tonight we buzzed it short!! Earlier today I had Chelsea take some photos of me and then tonight she took some of me and Richard, both with our buzzed heads!!

I have to tell you, now that everyone in my house has seen my near bald head and I can walk around without anything on it . . . . I feel great!!! It's really kind of liberating. I really wish I had b*lls enough to go out in public like this . . . maybe someday . . . after I get it a little tanned!!

We had a lot of fun taking pictures. I was really goofing off and Chelsea was just laughing at me the whole time. Richard said . . . she's America's Next Top Model . . . . so here you go, my
America's Next Top Model debut!!! he-he . . as long as we're having fun I guess that's all that matters.

I also went to a Breast Cancer Support Group meeting today and it was nice meeting other women, all going through different stages and levels of breast cancer.

I've been feeling really good for about a week now, I guess it's probably normal . . . to get feeling better just before the next chemo session. I see the oncologist tomorrow for my pre-chemo visit and then I have chemo on Wednesday. I changed it from Thursdays to Wednesdays.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the pictures!!


You can click on the photos for a larger view . . . . . if you dare!!!!
Hugs,
Keep Smilin'
Wendy

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're beautiful. I've always thought that - doesn't matter if your 16 or 46.

And it doesn't matter what "do" you're sporting.

You're still, and always, beautiful.

I love you dearly.

Marriah Patterson said...

You do look really good- young and fresh! (Andreas says you look 10 years younger) I love the posing too:) Hot mama!
love you!!

Shelley Paulson said...

The shots of you and Richard are just darling! You have a great shaped head too!

I want you to know I read all your updates and think of and pray for you often. You are truly an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

Anonymous said...

You look fabulous and absolutely beautiful!!!! (and younger!).

Love the photos. What a great family you have and although I have not meet Rick - he sounds like an amazing partner.

Hugs
Kimberly

Anonymous said...

You look absolutely great!

And no more bad hair days. Whoo Hoo!

You both look so great together. It would be so liberating to be able to just let go that way. You are America's next Top Model! And look at those poses, you would be a shoo-in.

So glad you're feeling better. I'm glad you went to the support group too. I am so proud of you!

Luv ya!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Rick says "Welcome to the Bald is Beautiful" Club!!!! I've got to say Wendy, your head looks really good....nice shape, nice tan....great eyes....and how liberating as you said to be free of hairdos and bad hair days....we think of you often and pray for you daily.....hugs and rainbows! Susan & Rick

Anonymous said...

Rick says "Welcome to the Bald is Beautiful" Club.....Wendy I have to say you look really great....you have a great head shape, tan and great eyes....how liberating to not worry about bad hair, and really how silly is that anyway....we think of you often and pray for you daily....love you, Susan & Rick

Wendy said...

I can't thank you all enough for your wonderful comments. They ALL mean so much to me!!

It's kind of amazing but I actually like a couple of the photos of myself bald. I never, ever, or at least very rarely like photos of myself, so when I do, it's a huge deal!!

Thank you all, I appreciate that you take the time to read my blog and also to post a comment.

Hugs to ALL,
Wendy