Friday, July 18, 2008

Coffee starting to taste like . . .Coffee . . .it's a sign!!!!!

I have great news!!!!! This morning my coffee is starting to taste like, well like COFFEE!!!!!!! This really is good news and I see it as a sign that I am getting better.

For the last week I've been drinking coffee but it doesn't taste like coffee . . . . it doesn't really taste like anything. It's frustrating because I keep craving a good cup of coffee and although I'm drinking it, it has not been satisfying that craving!!!

So I think within a couple of days coffee and food will really start tasting like it should. Some people say that food has a real metal or metallic taste after chemo. I have not experienced that kind of taste, my food and drink just doesn't have much taste to it of any kind!!

I'm sure it doesn't help that my mouth gets really messed up after chemo. At first it gets kind of a numb feeling to it and after a few days I start to get little sores on my tongue and the inside of my lips get a little raw. Then I start to get the white patches (thrush) and that's why I have special medicated lozenges that I have to suck on. Now that I know this will probably happen after each chemo I will start the lozenges a couple days sooner next time so hopefully it won't get as bad. I'm lucky it doesn't get so bad that I can't eat or drink because it sounds like it can get that bad for some people.

Ok, it's a little chilly in the house this morning. I'm going to get another cup of "almost taste like coffee" coffee and go sit outside in the sun!!!!!! I haven't been able to tan my head yet, maybe I should start on that today!!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
Keep Smilin'
Hugs,
Wendy

No comments: