Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Struggling with muscle aches

It's funny how I think because I had my last chemo treatment that I should be feeling a lot better. Like magically my body should be getting back to normal. Well, my body doesn't yet know it's had it's last chemo, for all it knows we'll be going in on Friday for another dose, as that will be 3 weeks since my last treatment.

I know I need to give myself some time. I would hope by week 4 or 5 I will be feeling a lot better. But it's not like you wake up after the last chemo treatment and suddenly you have hair, or you have tons of energy, or your body doesn't hurt anymore or your fingernails and toenails stop separating from the nail beds. Yes, my toenails are doing it too.

This week and especially today my muscles are really hurting, especially my leg muscles. When I first stand up to walk I am stiff and it hurts. After walking a little bit it gets better, but this really stinks. I feel like an old lady!!

I see my oncologist on Friday, so I will talk to him more about this. I will also see the radiation oncologist for the first time. I'm looking forward to that, to find out more about what is ahead of me. I don't know much about the process of radiation yet. All I know is that I go in every stinkin' day Monday through Friday for 6 weeks. I hope I'll be able to get it over with before the snow flies and while the roads are good.

I'm also looking forward to seeing my medical oncologist (cancer doctor) as I will be learning more about the study I have signed up to participate in.

I will write more about the study and some other things, (major dental work that I need done) after I see all the doctors on Friday.

I hope you are all having a good week.

Keep Smilin'
Wendy

No comments: