Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The kindness of strangers

Over the last several months while going through this journey of mine, I have received gifts and e-mails from complete strangers wishing me well. I wanted to take a moment and acknowledge these people and let them know just how much their correspondence and thoughtfulness has meant to me.

Most of these folks have had a relative or close friend that has or had cancer. Some of them have had to live through loosing that close friend or dear family member to this awful disease. Please know that my heart goes out to each and every one of you.

Some of these folks have happened upon my personal blog in the strangest of ways and it's always very interesting to me how that happens. The internet is just an amazing thing!!

I received an e-mail last week from some folks that touched me very, very deeply. If they read this post I hope they know I'm talking about them. These days it's hard to find someone who will go out of their way and take that extra minute that can make all the difference in someone's life.

I am as guilty of this as the next person, we get caught up in our own day to day lives and although we "mean to", it just never gets done. I hope, especially after what I'm going through, to change my ways. You never know just how much that phone call, e-mail or text message can change a persons day and even change their outlook, hopefully for the better.

I want to ask each and every one of you to please go out of your way at least once in the next week to brighten someone's day. I just sent an e-mail to a fellow photographer telling him how much I loved some special effects images that he did . . . . I know that would make me feel great. I've wanted to write him for over a week about those images, so now I finally did it.

I want to thank each and every one of you that have been reading my blog and have commented or e-mailed me. You have no idea how much having this blog and knowing that someone is actually reading it has meant to me. You have all in your own ways helped me more than you will know.

God Bless You All,
Keep Smilin'
Wendy

1 comment:

Marriah Patterson said...

I love you Aunt Wendy!! Please know that we love and miss you!
riah and andreas