Friday, December 5, 2008

Update on radiation, hair & teeth

Today is then end of week 5 of radiation, I now have 1 1/2 weeks left. Up until now I've been doing pretty good about going to town every stinkin' day for radiation. But now it's starting to get old. It started yesterday and I'm feeling it again this morning . . . . I don't want to go!! Radiation is a quick and easy process so that is not the problem. The problem is that I'm just tired of it all. My skin is burnt and itching like crazy. I think I'm starting to feel the fatigue associated with radiation.

Next week on Tuesday they start the new, more concentrated dose of radiation, aimed more specifically on the area where my tumor was. This will be good for the rest of the area that is now burnt as it will have a chance to really start healing. But the 2 areas I'm most worried about and the only places that sometimes hurt from this, are in the area that will continue to get the more concentrated doses.

I have to keep telling myself . . . after today . . . . . only 9 more treatments and then I'll be done!! I can do this, I can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God, please help me do this!!

Also, yesterday, Dec 4, 2008 I started the bisphosphonate drug study. I have to take 2 of these horse sized pills every morning before I eat or drink anything.

My hair continues to grow!! Slowly but shurly it is growing and I'm seeing more and more dark hairs coming in . . . . yipee!! I really hope the dark hair continues because I really just do not want to color my hair anymore!!! I'm going to be very tempted to not color it even if it comes in with a lot of gray. Gray hair is the only reason I've colored my hair for so many years and I'm just not looking forward to doing that again.

My new teeth are doing ok. The bottom one's do not fit very well so I don't wear them very much. Unlike the top teeth, you can't tell that I don't have the bottom one's in. The denturist won't realign them (to fit better) until after my gums have healed, as they will continue to shrink until them. So I'm stuck with these for a little while and doing the best I can to sort of eat more solid type foods.

Well, I must get ready to go for radiaiton.

Keep Smilin'
Wendy

1 comment:

Marriah Patterson said...

You can do it Aunt Wendy!!
We are thinking about you everyday and are so proud of you for being so brave and motivated! Just a little bit longer and then you will be done!!
all our love,
riah and Andreas