Sunday, December 21, 2008

Winter Solstice Photos

Hello Everyone,

I don't have a lot to write since my last post about my last radiation. Although I have not been feeling real good and been pretty tired the last couple of days. I'm wondering if the fatigue of radiation that they talk about is just now hitting me?

I have another blog . . .my photo blog, for those of you who may not have taken a look at it. Anyway, I took some pictures today and posted the below stuff on my photo blog and thought I'd just copy and paste it over here for those of you who are not subscribed to my photo blog.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I took some photos today for a Winter Solstice Project and wanted to share a few with you. Boy are we getting pounded with snow!!














The Dump Truck
, obviously retired for the winter.


















I was using the flash on my camera and Cowboy wanted nothing to do with it, so he moved out of the shelter and wouldn't get any closer to me than this . . . .the big chicken!!



















Spooky on the other hand wouldn't leave me alone, so I tossed her some hay. Put some food in front of her and she won't bug you for a little while!!














I had just finished taking pictures and was leaving the barn and I ran into Trouble. He decided the snow was too deep and followed or rather raced me back to the house!!



















And here is one more of Cowboy. I used a Sepia tone on this one.


He's such a pretty boy. And as you can see my horses are fat and spoiled!! I was a little worried about how fat they were getting but then as soon as the frigid below zero temps and wind chill hit, I was really glad they had the extra layers to keep them warm.

Today when I was out there taking these photos the temperature was 10 degrees and the wind chill factor was about 7-10 BELOW zero!!
My gloves made pressing the button on the camera really difficult so I took one off for a just a little bit to take the rest of the photos . . . . wow, it's amazing how quickly those kind of cold temperatures can effect the uncovered skin!!

No comments: