Thursday, December 11, 2008

Only 5 treatments left!!!!!!!

Hello Everyone,

Well, I am really starting to get excited as I only have 5 more radiation treatments and then I am DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, it's been a long and trying road, but the worst is almost over!!

I saw the doctor today, as I usually do once a week. It's usually a quick visit to check my skin and see how I am doing. He was a bit surprised at just how red my skin has gotten. I asked him if it was a normal and/or average amount of redness and he said no, that I am above normal. That my skin has been effected quite a bit more than normal.
I'm using all the lotions and potions that I am supposed to, but I guess it just goes to show that it really is different for everyone. Good thing is that it's really not hurting, but it can get to itching like crazy!!

They are doing the smaller more concentrated radiation now that focuses on the area where the tumor was. It involves the more sensitive parts of the whole area (i.e., scar from surgery & the nipple), so I am hoping that those areas don't get a lot worse before it's over. I guess we'll see what happens.


Oh boy, only 5 left!! I can't express enough just how great that sounds!!!!

Keep Smilin'
Hugs,
Wendy

No comments: