Thursday, December 18, 2008

Last Radiation Treatment was today ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Hello Everyone,

Well, I had my last radiation treatment today!! I am so happy ! ! ! ! ! ! Just knowing I don't have to get up and go to town tomorrow is such a relief!! My hubby took me out for breakfast after treatment to celebrate.

Now I just want to stay home and not have to go anywhere for about a week. This may not be too difficult to do since we have just gotten a major amount of snow since yesterday. So much snow in fact that I wasn't sure I was going to go in for my treatment this morning, but Rick was determined to get me there for the last one and have it done and over with. I'm really glad we went and that I didn't postpone it.

It wasn't too bad getting there but coming home the snow had picked up, you couldn't see where the side of the road was and general visibility was really bad and the windshield wipers kept getting a build up of ice on them. We weren't the only ones having this problem . . . at almost every red light people were getting out of their cars/trucks and cleaning off their wipers. For those of you that read this and don't live around here . . . . we got about 3 feet of snow!!!!

The doctor said that the radiation will continue to "do it's stuff" and work on my cells for a few more weeks, so my skin will continue to be effected and itch. After that it will start getting better. They also said that the effects of fatigue can continue for another 6-8 weeks. Although, compared to the fatigue I had from chemo, this has not been bad.

Well, today is also my youngest son's 19th Birthday . . . . Happy Birthday Matthew!! I love you!!

Keep Smilin'
Wendy

No comments: