Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Half way through Radiation

Hello Everyone, I am now half way through my radiation treatments!! The skin around my breast is starting to show signs that it's going through something!! It's got red spots all over and I have 1 area just below my armpit, by the scare where they took the lymph nodes, that was being irritated by some undershirts that I was wearing, causing it to be real red and itchy. I'm using a special cream on that area and not wearing the undershirts anymore and it seems to be getting better. I'm happy to say that my mouth seems to be healing well. The denturist won't make any adjustments to my new teeth until I've healed up some more, as the gum shrinks with healing. So the new teeth are not fitting well, especially the bottom ones. But I am now able to use some stuff called Cushion Grip that helps hold them in place. Because of this I was actually able to eat some mashed potatoes and little bit of corn last night without it hurting. I don't think my stomach knew what to do with some what solid food. I've been living on mostly liquids for 12 days now!! Soup, cream of wheat & oatmeal-thin enough that I can just drink it, yogurt, pudding, Ensure, etc. I went to the grocery store yesterday to get the cushion grip and it was pure torture, seeing and smelling all of the foods that I cannot yet even beging to eat. I'm starving for some really good food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow (Thanksgiving) should be interesting, but hopefully I should be able to eat my favorites, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes with roasted marshmellows on top and hopefully my most favorite--my mom's stuffing that she makes special for me, cooking it seperate from the turkey, getting the tops and edges crispy . . . oh yum, it sounds so good. Wish me luck!! My hair is growning in more and more, although still barely noticable, but I am seeing more dark hairs, so there is hope!!
I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving!!
Keep Smilin' Wendy

No comments: