Sunday, November 16, 2008

New Teeth, radiation and hair update

Hello Everyone,
Well, I'm a hurting puppy this morning!! I got my teeth pulled on Friday. All is going as well as can be expected except that I slept way past time for taking my pain meds this morning and I woke up hurting pretty good!! I'm still waiting for them to kick in . . . . it's not a good thing to get behind on the pain meds!!

Radiation is going well, I start week 3 tomorrow. I had a quick visit with my radiation oncologist on Thursday and he said my radiation area is looking great.

I've noticed that I'm starting to get some dark hairs mixed in with the white one's on the side of my head!! So, I guess there is still hope that I won't be totally gray or white. But I can see that this whole hair growing out process is going to be a long one. Especially with light colored hair, it doesn't show up near as well as dark hair, so it still looks like I'm bald!! Oh well, believe me that not having hair has become a very small issue in the realm of all things!!

Well, I've got to get a warm towel and lay down with it on my face . . . it's supposed to help the swelling, which should also help the pain . . .I hope, I hope, I hope!!

Keep Smilin'
Wendy

No comments: