Tuesday, November 11, 2008

2nd week of radiation

Hello everyone,

Just a quick note before I head out the door for more doctor appointments!! I made it through the first week of radiation and I'm now in my second week. It's really a very quick and easy process. They schedule people every 12 minutes and no where I've ever been before runs exactly on time like these folks do. I guess there is really nothing that happens to delay or prolong the treatment, so no reason for them to be running behind.

The folks that do my treatments are really nice and very helpful. I had some questions last week about some new medicine I'm taking and if it would be any problem with having radiation and as soon as I was done with treatment they got me in to see the nurse so I could talk to her about it all.

Last week was a little rough. The new pain meds the doc put me on caused me to have some pretty intense itching for a few days. Got that changed and it's much better now and I'm on antibiotics for a sinus infection.

I had one day this last weekend where I felt really, really great. It was kind of weird to feel so good and be totally aware of it after so many months of feeling like crud.

My hair is starting to grow back in :) Yeah . . . . . but it's seems to be coming in whiter than it was before!!

I have oral surgery this Friday to get my teeth pulled. I gotta tell you that I'm more nervous about that than any other type of surgery I've ever had. One one hand I'm pretty scared about it, on the other hand I'm looking forward to getting it done and over with.

OK, I better run . . . going to be late.

Keep Smilin'
Wendy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy!

I've been thinking of you and sending prayers daily...

Colleen
The Equine Art Works

Wendy said...

Hi Colleen,
Thank you so much for the prayers and for writing!! It really means a lot to me to get comments!!

Hugs,
Wendy