Monday, November 3, 2008

First Radiation Today

Hello,

I had my first radiation treatment today. They had to do some more measuring and a couple of x-rays to make sure they radiate the right spot. They drew all around my breast area with a permanent marker and when they had everything just right, they gave me 3 tiny tattoos. Each tattoo is about the size of a freckle and I have one in the middle of my chest, one on my right side and one on my left side. Just FYI those are sensitive little area's to be getting poked with a needle!!

They gave me 2 tubes of special lotions that I have to put on the area twice a day. These lotions help to protect the skin so it doesn't get to "burnt" from all the treatments. I will be getting a total of 33 treatments with the last one being on Dec 18th.

I see my regular doctor tomorrow about my ankle that is still swollen and hurting. My muscles are still hurting and I have a rash on my back that has spread to my neck and is starting to itch A LOT!! Oh, I also have a sore throat and I think I'm getting a sinus infection . . . oh the joys!!

Well, that's about it for now. I hope you are all doing well.

Keep Smilin'
Wendy

No comments: