Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Quick notes & pictures

Hello everyone,

Well, not a whole lot going on so far this week. I've been feeling ok . . . . not great, but not too bad either, so it's been nice.

I did not sleep last night and it was about 6am before I went back to bed and finally got some sleep. But I'm not sure if it was enough because now I feel like I need a nap and I've only been up for a couple hours.

Our county fair starts next week. I've been the photographer for that for the last couple of years and just about live at the fairgrounds for 5 days. But of course I won't be doing that this year. BUT, the Friday of the fair there is a rodeo and it's Tough Enough to Wear Pink day. They will have breast cancer survivors riding in a wagon pulled by draft horses with Smokey the Bear and I have been asked if I would like to ride in the wagon!! I have chemo on Thursday, the day before, so I think I would be able to do this since I don't usually start feeling bad for a couple of days, so I think this could be really fun.

Since I was up early this morning, cuz' I never went to sleep, I went out and there was another deer under the apple tree. I was able to get my camera a take some photos. Although these images look like it was pretty light out, it was still a little dark and I was shoot over a 6ft chain link fence. Because of a little camera shake I got the below image which I think looks like an artsy painting and I totally LOVE it. I think you can click on it for a larger view.



While taking pics of the deer Spooky and Cowboy had to come over and visit me at the fence. Then they started scratching each other!!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy,

Sorry you're not getting much sleep! I think it's great that you'll be riding in the wagon at the fair! My company is helping to sponsor the fair this year through the Silver Buckle Club. I'm flying down to San Diego tomorrow and get back on Friday afternoon - I'm hoping to make it back in time for the rodeo. If I do, I'll be looking for you!

I loved the deer photo - amazing! I'll be sure to check out your new website - I think it's great what you're doing. I have two girlfriends that are doing walks for Breast Cancer and I made donations to both of them with you in mind.

Hope the next Chemo treatment passes quickly for you. As always, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Take Care,
Kimberly

Wendy said...

Kimberly,
Thank you so much for the comment. I hope you are able to make it to the rodeo. I hope I am able to make it to the rodeo to ride in the wagon also!! The way I was feeling today I'm not so sure, but we will see.
Hugs,
Wendy