Thursday, February 5, 2009

Great News . . . no oral surgery needed!!!

Well, I went to the oral surgeons yesterday morning for my appointment to get my gum's opened up and the bone shaved!! I did not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before as I was instructed . . . and people you got to know how hard it is for me to not have my morning coffee!!

The gal took me back to the doctors office, he sat me in a dental chair and looked at my mouth. He said that things are healing up very nicely and that there is no need for any surgery!! Well, I can't tell you how great that was to hear!! Now I didn't have to worry about the pain, having only liquids for who knows how long, etc.

With a big smile on my face my hubby and I got back in the car and he headed toward the closest latte hut for me to get my double shot vanilla latte!!

Now after the excitement of all of this wore off I began to wonder . . . . it only took the dental surgeon 2 minutes to look at my mouth and decide that surgery wasn't necessary. Wouldn't it have been a lot easier, especially on me, if he had scheduled a quick "look see" visit to determine if surgery was needed BEFORE scheduling the surgery?!?!?!?!?!?

I may have to write them a nice letter and mention this to them. The more I think about it, the more it bothers me. I rearranged my life because of this planned surgery. My hubby bought me extra liquid stuff to eat and drink from the store, etc. It's not a small deal if you think you are heading into a couple of weeks of not being able eat and or talk very well and what ever else having your gum bones shaved could cause!!

But, with each bite I take and each thing I've done yesterday and today that I thought I wouldn't be able to do, I am very happy that it didn't have to happen :)

Keep Smilin'
Wendy

No comments: